Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Wild Girls, by Pat Murphy

This is the review I posted on Amazon.
I wrote more about this in my journal and in an email to Pat.

I love this book.

I don't want to give any spoilers about the content, and I think there's enough information about the book at Pat Murphy's site and here on Amazon for readers to learn about that. The book itself is just really good.

Plus, it makes me want to
1. write more, and
2. also get to know my mom better via the questions that Joan and Fox learn to ask in the book (unfortunately this is not possible for me, except via #1).

Pat has written that she wrote the book for the twelve-year-old that she once was, and I feel like she wrote it for the twelve-year-old that I was also. And for the 33-year-old that I am now (and all the ages in between).
I bought an extra copy for my 13-year-old niece.
The woman working at the bookstore where I bought the book (Sorry Amazon, I went for a local bookstore on this one) told me that she has been waiting for this book "for years!"

December 5, 2007
I still love this book.
It really did serve as a good inspiration for my NaNo novel.

Discovered recently the link to Pat on the Speculative Fiction Database
which also includes her birthdate. We are both Pisces, which somehow does not surprise me too much.
Useful for potential gift surprises...

No comments: