Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First Grade Cheater praise -"published"! - on the Can I Sit With You blog

From: Pat Murphy 

Wonderful. You really capture the trickiness of being a smart kid -- but trying to fit in.

pat


On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 1:30 PM, David Zarubin 
This is awesome!  Great job!  I love you.


On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Solveig Zarubin <solveigp@gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.canisitwithyou.org/?p=441

I am exaggerating a bit here, but it is all fairly true. (and feels kind of weird to have it out in public).

For those who don't know, this blog is a chronicle of adults' memories of the "stormy social seas of the schoolyard" - founded by two moms (Shannon Des Roches Rosa and Jennifer Byde Myers) who wanted their kids to feel a little less alone.  They gather up a selection of the blog contributions every year into a book and sell it.
Proceeds benefit the Special Education PTA of Redwood City (SEPTAR).

Finally I wrote something for this after buying both books, and going to most of their readings. 
When I went out for drinks with the core group after the last reading, they pointedly remarked that I was the only one there at the table who hadn't yet contributed to the blog. So I decided to jump in and do it!

cheers,
Solveig


No comments: