Sunday, March 06, 2005

The Tale of Urso Brunov: Little Father of All Bears


Dave and I fell in love with this book several months ago when we saw it in a little store in Oakland. Apart from the confident story, it also has an animation on the upper right corners of the pages of Urso trudging along!

Urso Brunov is "The Little Father of All Bears" and sets off on a rescue mission when four of his bears are found missing when he wakes up from his hibernation a little early.

At every point he faces up to foes much larger than himself, and states to all who might not believe his might, "Believe me, for I am Urso Brunov!"

After buying the book, I read it out loud to Dave (and to Kevin when he got home) as Dave was cooking in the kitchen. It was really fun to do the voices, and by the end I was really getting into the "Believe me...!" refrain.



Urso fighting a large goat by bending its horns backwards!




Urso in a rare moment of low control!


This all inspired me to create a very beloved City of Heroes character, named Urso Brunov also.
His picture is below:


No comments: