Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Solveig's Polysyllabic Spree - March

This is the running Books Bought/Books Read log in homage of Nick Hornby - see posts in February 2005 on his book "The Polysyllabic Spree" where he did the same thing.

March 2005
Books Bought/Checked out from Library

  • Good Faith, by Jane Smiley. Checked out from Library, 3/2.
  • White Doves at Morning by James Lee Burke - checked out 3/2
  • Etymology for Everyone by Kati's former prof, Anatoly Liberman
  • Dark Fields of the Republic book and tape - by Adrienne Rich. I can't find my tape of this so I am ordering a new copy.
  • an anthology book/CD of Adrienne Rich reading her poetry (forget the title)


Books Read:

  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (omigosh, good book to kick off the Month of March. Finished 3/1/05.)
  • John Dunning's latest Bookman novel - in progress
  • Get a Financial Life by Beth Kobliner - I read bits of this at various times along with Smart Women Finish Rich by David Bach for inspiration.

2 comments:

Kati said...

I'm reading Etymology for Everyone as well. Let's try to make it a best seller!! A group of people that I belong to is vaguely mentioned on page 4.

The previews to the chapters remind me of Joan Aiken books.

Shannon Des Roches Rosa said...

Who is Solveig?

Heh heh heh.