Thursday, December 27, 2007

Cancer Rant on Craig's List

I am taking a break from packing and found this posting on "best of Craig's List" from a person (woman I'm assuming) who is recovering from Hodgkin's lymphoma (which is similar to what my Mom had).

And it's really just a very realistic rant about what it is like for her to have cancer, go through chemo, hear friends telling her about all their relatives who died of cancer, and so on. It's very annoymous but I would have wanted to write back to her and say "you go, girl"!

2 comments:

Darcy Davidson said...

I just found your blog...and it's been a while both since you found my Cancer Rant, and since I wrote it...but thank you for your comment, I'm glad you appreciated it.

I unfortunately was the next person I knew to get cancer...I had a relapse in February of this year, and was treated with crazy strong chemo and a stem cell transplant. My fingers are crossed that this time it sticks.

Hugs

SunPath said...

I hope that you will see this comment if I post it here after your comment...

I'm sorry to hear about your relapse - I hope that the stem cell transplant will work.

It's interesting to see your comment, especially today, because I just volunteered at the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night event on Saturday. I helped register people for the National Marrow Donor Program (I think they said we got 47 people signed up).

I also did the Hike for Discovery event for LLS this fall season (we hiked in the Great Smoky Mts).
We have three honorees for our team who are fighting the cancer fight and also I was hiking in honor of my mom too.

If you want to actually meet sometime (or connect more directly by email...please let me know).