Monday, April 10, 2006

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

Storm of Swords: Buy on Amazon

I can't remember if I have already written about the other books in this series.
This is the third one. I started this off originally by reading Game of Thrones, the first book, in a weekend in order to go to the Kepler's book club on a Sunday night and talk about it.
Pretty crazy.
I do kind of inhale these books even when I am not on a deadline, making it harder to write intelligently about them.
I hated Sansa in the first book but actually really like her now, that is one of the traits of these books, unexpected char and plot development - he has no qualms of killing off any character.
Other favorite people are Arya, Danaerys, Jon Snow, and Samwell Tarly.
I finished this on April 11 and immediately went to get Feast for Crows, the newest book.
In Storm of Swords, at one point I thought 3 main characters had just died. It turned out to be only one of them had died so it was a little less nervewracking.
He does kill off a lot of his characters but many do seem to keep coming back.

No comments: